So we wanted to cover this week the ever growing questions asked about the specialities and traits in Fifa 13. People ask what players have them, and how do i acquire these traits? Well what we can tell you is traits can’t be gained at all and are there by default.
You will not be able to gain any and the players who play for the computer teams will not be able to either. They are assigned to a specific player and they stay there for life. With specialities though, these can actually be gained throughout a players playing career.
If you have some young players in you’re squad and they are well in form scoring goals and getting assists, then you are halfway there already. By consistently playing well with youth academy players, you will acquire Fifa 13 specialities over the course of a season.
When you receive specialities is typically about halfway through the season in January. This is not always the case but in most cases that is when you’re players with potential will gain these.
As we have said already, traits can’t be acquired by anyone, but signing players that have these traits will give you an upper hand in the matches. Here is the long list of traits that are available in the game.
Fifa 13 Player Traits
- GK Long Throw (Having this will increase you’re goalkeepers over arm throwing capability.)
- GK Flat Kick (If you’re goalkeeper has this trait, he’s kicking from a standing position will have more pace and better accuracy.)
- GK Up For Corners (When you may be in a losing position late in the game, the goalkeeper will join the attack from corner kicks.)
- Long Throw In (Allows the player with this ability to throw the ball a lot further than any other player from throw ins.)
- Driven Pass (You will be able to do more pacey and accurate long ball passes with this trait.)
- Second Wind (When there is 10 or so minutes left in the match, the players stamina will increase to give you the edge over you’re opponents late on.)
- Diving Header (If the player has this then he will produce diving headers a lot more than anyone else.)
- Acrobatic Clearance (Enables a player to do a David Luiz type of clearance when getting rid of the danger in defence.)
- Bicycle Kick (This trait is brilliant for performing over head kicks and bicycle kicks with a player.)
- Early Crosser (This trait is very effective because is allows for a unexpected early cross, as well as giving a little curl on the ball at the same time.)
- Fancy Flicks (With this ability, players can do back heels and little silky flicks a lot more with ease.)
- Finesse Shot (When shooting with the striker or midfielder, having this trait will enable a more accurate shot with the side of the players boot.)
- Fancy Passes (This trait is very rare and if the player that you have owns it, then he’s passing will be very diversified compared to others.)
- Outside Foot Shot (Great for when shooting as you can shoot by using the outside of you’re foot.)
- Skilled Dribbling (Having this trait will be an advantage when using the skill controls to take players on and will make it a lot easier.)
- Power Header (If you have a player that has this ability, then the headers that he performs will be thunderers and hit with venom.)
- Stutter Penalty (If a player has this then he may choose to do a feint and check the keeper before slotting home.)
- Giant Throw In (This monster throw in is deadly when launched into the oppositions final third.)
- Power Free Kick (This is a rare trait for a player to have and if he has it, then he will be able to drill home free kicks low and with amazing pace on the ball.)
- Swerve Pass (This trait is effective for not only through balls, but spreading play with passes around the pitch and it adds some swerve onto the ball.)
Well that is the full list of traits that are available on the game with the players that they are respectively assigned to. Remember, you cannot gain traits but you can sign the players that do have them already.